Much more than the other mixes in this series, this one is constructed for pure pleasure, and I think it is fairly successful in that respect. See what you think.
Playlist and a few notes after the jump.
1. An Unfortunate Political Decision/Ralph Brown (Withnail & I)
2. Come Together/The Beatles (Abbey Road)
3. Let Us All Get Together Right Now/Billy Preston (That’s the Way God Planned It)
4. Tell All the People/The Doors (The Soft Parade)
5. China Cat Sunflower/The Grateful Dead (Aoxomoxoa)
6. Octopus’s Garden/The Beatles (Abbey Road)
7. Country Pie/Bob Dylan (Nashville Skyline)
8. Some Kinda Love/Velvet Underground (Velvet Underground)
9. Red Cross Store/Mississippi Fred McDowell (I Do Not Play No Rock’n’Roll)
10. Feelin’ Blue/Creedence Clearwater Revival (Green River)
11. We’re Not Gonna Take It/The Who (Tommy)
12. Carry That Weight-The End-Her Majesty/The Beatles (Abbey Road)
- That Bob Dylan sure can write a catchy tune. “Country Pie,” clocking in at 1:37, is one delectable little morsel, and that guitar line…tasty, tasty.
- If you’d have told me 20 years ago that I would one day make a mix where the Doors segue into the Grateful Dead, I’d have told you to go fuck yourself. I was just that angry of a young man.
- Who the hell are Marguerita and Tom, and what is Lou trying to say about them?