So here we are at the end of another decade. I haven’t been reading or hearing too much about it, probably because we made such a big deal of the last change of decade (which happened to be the turn of the millennium as well), then were disappointed when the world utterly failed to blow up or suddenly change in any significant way.
A recent viewing (I think it was the 99th) of Withnail and I got me to thinking about 1969, a year during which I was alive but not particularly sentient (I was 1 when it started, 2 when it ended). But it seems to me it was a pretty dark time, not unlike the fairly depressing conditions many of us find ourselves in today. So I thought it would be interesting to put together some of the music I have from that year and share it with you.
Herewith, the first installment of a projected three or four, introduced by Danny, Headhunter to his friends…Headhunter to everyone, he doesn’t have any friends. If you have suggestions for songs from 1969 that I ought to use in the other installments, please leave a comment. And now:
1. Bring Out Your Dead/Ralph Brown (Withnail & I)
2. 1969/The Stooges (The Stooges)
3. Up All Night/SRC (Ah Feel Like Ahcid: 24 American Psychedelic Artifacts from the EMI Vaults)
4. Outside My Door/Can (Monster Movie)
5. What Goes On/Velvet Underground (Velvet Underground)
6. Volunteers/Jefferson Airplane (Jefferson Airplane)
7. Kick Out the Jams/MC5 (Kick Out the Jams)
8. I Wanna Be Your Dog/The Stooges (The Stooges)