The arrival of two rambunctious kittens has turned my life upside-down, although it was already pretty upside-down, so I think they’ve actually returned it to something resembling right-side-up.
Observing them carefully for the last week has given me a whole new way of looking at the world. Here are a few of the things the kittens have taught me:
- There’s almost nothing that can’t be eaten, played with, or slept on.
- Just because you couldn’t climb something yesterday, that doesn’t mean you won’t able to climb it today.
- You never know when someone’s going to sneak up behind you and pounce on your head; but when they do, it will turn out to be your sibling, and you will enjoy wrestling with them.
- When you sleep, sleep like your life depends on it, preferably sprawled across whoever happens to be in the vicinity.
- Everybody likes you, and if they don’t, there’s something wrong with them.